I love making this recipe during the holidays, but honestly it's good any time of the year. They are easy to make and package nicely into gifts for friends and family. Plus the dark chocolate, goji berries, pistachios and ginger are rich in antioxidants.
The ingredients are flexible. If you don't have goji berries, substitute for another type of dried fruit (cherries, figs, dates, apricots, etc.) and if you don't have pistachios, substitute for another type of nut (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.). The combinations are endless.
- 12 ounces good quality dark chocolate (bar or chips)
- 2 tablespoons dried goji berries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystalized ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon chocolate sea salt (or your favorite finishing salt)
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler or place a stainless steel bowl on top of a pot of simmering water.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour onto a sheet pan covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spread out the melted chocolate with a spatula to desired thickness.
- Top with goji berries, pistachios, crystalized ginger and finishing salt.
- Place in the refrigerator; let cool until hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Cut or break into pieces.
Recipe developed by Chef Ashley R. Van Cise, RDN, LD