This drink was a hit at my cooking demonstration, where I highlighted fresh tomatoes, at Serenbe Farmers Market. It is super refreshing on a hot summer day and utilizes vegetables that are all in-season in the summertime. For vegetarians or vegans, substitute traditional Worcestershire sauce (which contains anchovies) for this vegan version made by Edward and Sons.
- 1 medium tomato (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 medium cucumber (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet onion
- 1/3 of a red or green bell pepper (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce or 2 teaspoons chopped hot pepper (optional)
- vodka (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with spears of cucumber and celery.
Recipe Developed by: Chef Ashley R. Van Cise, RDN, LD