Pineapple, banana, almond milk, almond butter, oatmeal and flaxseeds make this smoothie satisfyingly delicious.
Pineapple, banana and oats provide a sweet tropical flavor along with fiber and carbohydrates. Almonds and flaxseeds provide a rich finish along with healthy fats and protein. This balance of flavors and nutrients will satisfy your hunger and keep your energy high throughout the morning.
Yield: 2 (1 ½ cup servings)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons rolled oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- Place almond milk, oatmeal and flaxseeds in a high powered blender, such as a Vitamix, Blendtec or Ninja. Blend until the oats and flaxseeds are pulverized.
- Add the almond butter and pineapple chunks into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Finally, add the banana to the blender. Blend until smooth.
Recipe Developed by: Chef Ashley R. Van Cise, RDN, LD