Beautiful colors and bright sweet/sour flavors, this salad is a crisp and cooling favorite at my house in the summer.
Servings: about 4-6 servings
- 1 pound cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Toss cucumbers with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Place them in a colander and allow them to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse salt off of cucumber and squeeze excess water from cucumbers.
- Whisk together sugar, vinegar, mustard and oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in cucumbers, red onion, dill, and cherry tomatoes.
Recipe Developed by: Chef Ashley R. Van Cise, RDN, LD